The Fall Creek Public Library is a member of the IFLS Library System a consortium of over 53 public libraries, and 4 county libraries. Circulation is open to all registered library cardholders who reside in the state of Wisconsin.
When becoming a library cardholder, the patron agrees to comply with the policies of each IFLS member library and accepts the following responsibilities:
- Library materials checked out are the sole responsibility of the patron whose card was used for checkout.
- Patron agrees to return all borrowed items by the due date or pay overdue charges.
- Patron will pay replacement costs assessed for lost, unreturned, or damaged items.
- Patron will not lend their card to others.
- Patron will report changes in address, phone number, and email.
- Patron will report lost or stolen cards.
- Patron will obey the rules of behavior when visiting the library.
- When signing a registration card for a child under the age of 18, the patron accepts full responsibility for fines and other charges on the child’s card, lost or damaged items and accepts responsibility to monitor and approve the child’s choice of library materials and other information resources.
Adults (18 years or older) are required to fill out a registration form and show proof of Wisconsin residency to receive their library card.
Children and Young Adults:
Children and young adults (under age 18) may receive a library card with the consent of their parent or legal guardian. Upon signing the registration card for a minor, the parent or legal guardian accepts legal responsibility for late fees, lost materials, and any damage to library materials.
There is a 50 cent charge to replace lost cards.
Materials available for circulation can be checked out for the following periods:
- 7 days – all videos, DVDs, and magazines
- 14 days – TV series on DVD
- 3 weeks – all books, audio books, and CDs
There is a limit of 100 items for checkout on the MORE online catalog.
Borrowed materials may be renewed twice unless there is a hold on the item for another patron. An item that has a hold on it may not be renewed. Items may be renewed on the MORE online catalog from any computer with Internet access, at the circulation desk, or by telephone at 1-866-MY-RENEW.
If the library does not own an item you need or the item has been checked out, it may be requested from another library. This can be done on the MORE online catalog, at the circulation desk, or by calling the library.
Interlibrary loan materials should be returned to the pick-up point, if possible. If you use the MORE system, please request the Fall Creek Public Library as your pick-up point. Interlibrary loan materials will be held for pick up at the library for one week before they are returned to the lending library. A limit of 50 items can be placed on hold at one time.
If the library does not own an item that you need, you may make a recommendation to the Library Director. The request will then be considered for purchase at the discretion of the Library Director.
Borrowed materials can be returned at the circulation desk or in the outside drop box located on the west side of the building (parking lot).
Fall Creek Public Library does not charge overdue fees for our materials. Please enjoy our resources and then return them by their due date. You could still receive overdue fees from other libraries. If an item is 35 days overdue then the library will charge the users for the cost of the item.
Fines on interlibrary loans are determined by the lending library. There is no grace period.
Patrons accumulating fines exceeding $10.00 will lose their borrowing privileges until the fines are paid down under $10.00 or paid off completely.
Lost or Damaged Items
The cost for replacing lost or damaged items varies and will be determined by the Library Director. If an item is lost or damaged, please notify the library as soon as possible.
Photo Release Policy
The Fall Creek Public Library reserves the right to take and use photos and/or video in the library and at library events for promotional purposes including print publications, online publications, presentations, and web and social media sites without notification. If you do not want to be photographed, please notify a member of the FCPL staff.
Fall Creek Public Library
122 E. Lincoln Ave.
P.O. Box 426
Fall Creek, WI 54742
Monday, Friday 9 am – 4 pm
Tues, Wed, Thurs 10 am – 6 pm
Saturday 9 am – 12 pm