Let’s Talk About Pain Medicine
November 12 @ 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
REGISTRATION is REQUIRED for this event. Contact the library at 715 877 3334 or firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your spot.
Let’s Talk About Pain Medicine is a free 60-minute educational program developed by Wisconsin Health Literacy to help participants obtain a better understanding of how to more safely and effectively use prescription pain (opioid) medicine. Program topics include:
- Differences between prescription opioids and other pain medicine
- Safe storage of opioid medicine
- Understanding label directions (when and how long to take the medication)
- What to do with unused opioid medicine
- Importance of understanding warning labels
- When to call the doctor or pharmacist
- History of the opioid epidemic
- How naloxone can stop an overdose
Each participant is provided with a workbook, a Drug Deactivation & Disposal System pouch, and a fact sheet to take home, plus the chance to enter into a chash prize drawing at the end of the program.